BOOK REVIEW : THE WANDERING VINE

Author : Nina Caplan
Genre : Travel adventure

                               


" Wine is alive, ageing and changing, but it's also a triumph over death. These grapes should rot. Instead they ferment. What better magic potion could there be to convey us to the past?"

                 The author explores the history of wine by going to places of historical importance which might have influenced the production of wine. The author co-relates the Romans with the increase in wine production and culture.
                 I really liked this book as it's one of it's kind,i.e, the style of writing is unique(Bembo), the tracing of history is something I haven't read anywhere else. I am a food and book lover and for me this book was a union of both the things I love. 
                 If you don't like reading historical fictions or you are not a lover of wine then maybe you won't like this book, but I on the other hand really liked this book even though I am not a wine lover.
                 More than anything this book has increased my knowledge of Romans and wine, not only this my vocabulary has also increased as this book has some tough words.I would definitely recommend this book to wine and history lovers. Whenever I'll drink wine, I will keep thinking about it's origin.


My Verdict : 3/5

Instagram | Twitter 

Comments

  1. I have received a review copy too! But I haven't read it yet. Going by your review I need to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally has me feeling (pun intended) I love wine. I have read Chicken soup for wine lovers and enjoyed it. This seems like a book that I will love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good read, but maybe not my type. I don't really like Historical Descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am yet to pick this one up. Your set up compliments the book soo much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts