I finally accept that I am in a reading slump.





First step of recovery is accepting that you are going through something, and that's the case with reading slumps as well. After three months of trying my best to ignore this fact I finally accept it today that I am going through a reading slump for the last three months.

In retrospect I have found a number of reasons for this,for example,big changes in my life, finding my way through life, living away from home and I always thought that through all such times of my life my books would be there for me to help me transition but sadly they were not as I just couldn't read a single book like I used to.
I finally understand the void I have been feeling for the past months is nothing but this feeling of being incomplete, this feeling of missing out on something, because no matter what reading has always soothed me, made me think better. No matter what I did, no matter how much I rested and relaxed the feeling of emptiness hasn't left me. I havn't been able to do any sort of productive work for the past 3 months because of this uneasy feeling, I kept procastinating which actually did lead to a bad image of mine and I regret it so much in this moment. 
Reading is like meditation for me and to not be able to do that is really killing me.I realised what reading is to me today itself. Even as I type this, some part of me hopes that it'll make me read again because writing this did make me feel better, and I really hope that part of me is right.
So here is what I am going to do as soon as I finish writing this post-
  1. I will pick up a book which I have been wanting to re-read for a long time.
  2. If I am not able to read that book, I will pick up my go-to book,i.e, Harry Potter.
  3. If the above two don't work out I will just relax and let things be, and stop trying so hard.
Dear reader all I can tell you is, if reading is as important to you as it is for me then please accept as soon as possible when you're in a reading slump because ignorance has caused me months of restlessness and I truly do not wish that upon you.

"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are"

With love,
Book & Bhook
You can connect with me on these platforms Instagram | Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts