BOOK REVIEW : ABSOLUTE DELHI

Author : Adil Ahmad
Number of Pages : 98


Absolute Delhi: Hidden Delhi Gems That You Would Love to DiscoverAbsolute Delhi: Hidden Delhi Gems That You Would Love to Discover by Adil Ahmad
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"Often, those least informed about a city are the residents of the city themselves."

The above quote stands true for the majority of the residents of any city. Delhi, one of the oldest cities of the world has so much rich history and culture that it’s impossible to have a full fledged knowledge about it. There is always some information which takes the reader especially the resident of that city by surprise and the same happened with me while reading this book.
Having been born and brought up in Delhi, the facts and history about this city has always fascinated me so I ended up reading this book.

The author has wriiten a short and crisp book about six of Delhi’s famous hidden gems, namely, The tomb of Sultan Garhi, Phool waalon ki sair, Agrasen ki baoli, Masjid Mehndian, St James church and Khirkee masjid.
The author has shared his experience and findings about the aforementioned six places as well as given brief about how these six came into existence and shaped the city for what it is.
Filled with photographs and a quick guide to reach the six places and other information this book also works as a travel guide. The writing is very simple.

On the downside the title of the book could have been lot better, it did not catch my attention immediately, and I feel this book no matter how good is missing a soul, a missing portion which I can’t point out to, a portion which would have made me connect to the book a whole lot better.

My Verdict : 3/5



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts