Long Road To Mercy : Is it worth the trip?

Author : David Baldacci
Genre : Thriller
Number of pages : 404



         The first chapter of a book usually sets the tone for me and is a deciding factor if I want to continue reading it or not. This book started off on a very good note. Baldacci introduces us to a strong female protagonist,Atlee Pine who is called to investigate a dead mule and a missing person at the Grand Canyon and while looking into the matter she finds something unexpected which is the start of a fast paced hunt.
         This book kept me on my toes all the while I read it. There were some portions which were quite monotonous and didn't even add up to the storyline even till the end, that was the only downfall in this book.
Baldacci has taken real life scenarios and twisted them into his own little version which might seem absurd at once but is totally possible.
         Throughout the book there is a sub plot of Atlee's missing twin sister from the last twenty nine years, which the author has clearly depicted will go on to be a part of the future books in the series and I would be a liar if I didn't say that this sub-plot was as interesting as the main plot and I cannot wait to know what happens further.
         If not for the sub-plot I don't think I would have thought of picking up the next book in this series, whenever it comes out.
All the skills of Atlee are justified by the author so nothing seems too dramatic, for example she can fight well and is strong because she was a weight lifter and is into MMA.
         In a nutshell, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to readers looking for a good thriller which is like a breath of fresh air.

My Verdict : 4/5

You can connect with us on these platforms Zomato | Instagram | Twitter | Email



Comments

Popular Posts